Monday, March 9, 2009

A very sad news for my first post

Yesterday i was being informed that another Singaporean being was contracted with 3rd stage Breast cancer, i was shocked and shattered by this news. The affected being is a late 60s lady, my close friend's mother, a very hardworking mum who has given all she have to the family and treats everyone she knows as her best friend and treats me as her very own son.

My eyes became watery as my friend spoke in a breakdown tone " She is in her 3rd stage and things are not looking good for her". She eventually cried and could not talk to me further....
I truly understand her feelings as i too have painful memories of losing my cousin sister 10 years ago where she contracted Leukaemia. Leukaemia is a type of cancer that affects the white blood cells.

Through sms, we talked again.
The first sms from her was " She is a good mother, why must it be her"? Instantly i could not answer her, I sat and looked at the sms for quite a while before replying... " There is no way i can ask you not to be sad but i urge you to be strong for your mother as the family needs you. For a drop of tear u dropped, your mum will dropped more, a tone of saddness you speak, your mum will be sadder. I have no cure for your mother but i believe with true care, love and concern, she will feel blessed, she will be happy and who knows miracle might just happen. Even if she does not recover, she will feel she is most fortunate mum with so much care, love and concern surrounding her. I will pray hard for her"! She replied ok and the conversation ended...

I sat on my bed and think... We do not know what are the uncertainties ahead, we reflect on yesterday doings and predict on tomorrow happenings, for today we should cherish our loved ones and embrace them with compassion and true love when there is still time. God Bless...

No comments: